Screwball and Romantic Comedies are my favorite movies. They are usually the kind of films I find myself watching over and over. To read more about the differences between Screwball Comedy and Romantic Comedy, check out my post here.
1. Theodora Goes Wild (1936) - Melvyn Douglas & Irene Dunne
2. Bringing Up Baby (1938) - Katharine Hepburn & Cary Grant
3. Bachelor Mother (1939) - Ginger Rogers & David Niven, Charles Coburn
4. Third Finger, Left Hand (1940) - Melvyn Douglas & Myrna Loy
5. Mr. and Mrs. Smith (1941) - Robert Montgomery & Carole Lombard
6. The More the Merrier (1943) - Jean Arthur & Joel McCrea, Charles Coburn
7. Magic Town (1947) - James Stewart & Jane Wyman
8. Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House (1948) - Cary Grant & Myrna Loy, Melvyn Douglas
9. Sunday in New York (1963) - Jane Fonda & Rod Taylor, Cliff Robertson
10. Not with My Wife, You Don't! (1966) - Tony Curtis, George C. Scott, Virni LisiHonorable Mentions: Double Wedding (1937), The Lady Eve (1941), Princess O'Rourke (1943), Two Guys From Milwaukee (1946), Never Say Goodbye (1946), The Lady Takes a Sailor (1949), The Thrill of it All (1963), Send Me No Flowers (1964), Sex and the Single Girl (1964).
I had Roman Holiday (1953) on here but when I looked it up it said Drama/Romance so I took it back off. It's one of those movies that fits under several genres and defies categorization. What would YOU put it under?