The Trouble with Harry (1955), The perfect autumn film.
Didn’t get a lot of movies watched this month with the death of Queen Elizabeth (if you follow me on Twitter you know I mostly post Royal family stuff) and going on a mini vacation to the North Carolina Outer Banks (the weather was perfect) - naturally on the same weekend. I also went on a day trip to a large outdoor flea market, where I bought several Elvis movies for $2 each, including his first two movies (VHS).
- Mad About Music (1938) - Deanna Durbin, Herbert Marshall, Gail Patrick, Arthur Treacher, William Frawley, Marcia Mae Jones, Helen Parrish
- *Road to Singapore (1940) - Bing Crosby, Bob Hope, Dorothy Lamour, Charles Coburn, Anthony Quinn
- For the Love of Mary (1948) - Deanna Durbin, Edmond O’Brien, Don Taylor, Jeffrey Lynn
- Tokyo Joe (1949) - Humphrey Bogart
- *Hondo (1953) - John Wayne & Geraldine Page, Ward Bond, James Arness
- *The Trouble with Harry (1955) - Shirley MacLaine, John Forsythe, Edmund Gwenn, Mildred Natwick, Jerry Mathers
- Wild in the Country (1961) - Elvis Presley, Hope Lange, Tuesday Weld, Millie Perkins, John Ireland
- Operation Crossbow (1965) - Sophia Loren, George Peppard, John Mills
- What Did You Do in the War, Daddy? (1966) - James Coburn, Aldo Ray
- The Hot Rock (1972) - Robert Redford, George Segal
- Nights at Rodanthe (2008) - Diane Lane & Richard Gere, Christopher Meloni, Viola Davis, James Franco
Least Favorite Film: Well, I didn’t like the end of Nights at Rodanthe (which I watched because I was going to be driving through there on the way to Avon for a few days - I saw the Rodanthe Inn from the road as we drove through!).
Favorite Movie: Of course I liked Wild in the Country (listen to my favorite song from the film below). I didn’t remember much of Honda but I liked it much better this time around.