Sunday, May 7, 2017

A Few Favorite Movie Rooms

For one of my posts for the Favorite Film and TV Home Blogathon hosted by myself and Love Letters to Old Hollywood, I thought I'd share a few screenshots I have taken of certain rooms in movies that I love but that aren't really enough for an entire post. I hope you enjoy them!
 
 The playroom from Holiday (1938):
 
 I love everything about it: the stone fireplace, the bookshelves on either side, the mantle that goes across the entire room, and the panels on the wall above it. And one thing about black and white movies, you can imagine it to be any colors you want!
 
><><><><><><

This fireplace in The Male Animal (1942):

I love fireplaces. There's some great windows to the left too.
 
><><><><><><
 
This lovely living area in Daughters Courageous (1939)
 
I love the built in corner shelves and the frilly curtains on the Dutch door.
 

To the right of the door and bookshelf is a place to relax with plenty of room to spread around.

The other side of the room is just as lovely. Look at all that woodwork!


There's always something going on when the Lane sisters are involved!

><><><><><><
 
The beach House in Nobody Lives Forever (1946):

Again, I'm a sucker for large, airy living rooms with stonework and wide beams.

Cute shelves flanking a window seat always get me too.

><><><><><><

Another lovely living area shared by four sisters in Until They Sail (1957):

I had to take a picture of my tv screen for this one, hence the weird coloring.
 
><><><><><><
 
 These funny crooked windows in True Confession (1937):
 

 
><><><><><><
 
The cozy lodge in Mr. and Mrs. Smith (1941):
 
 
><><><><><><
 
The breakfast area in Indiscreet (1958):
 
Cute little shelves!

A window separates the eating area from the kitchen.

Looks pretty cozy, doesn't it? Especially with Cary Grant there ;)
 
><><><><><><
 
Another amazing window seat in The Bride Wore Red (1937):
 
 
><><><><><><
 
The master bedroom in Room for One More (1952):
 
Another fireplace and window seat.

And a built in bookshelf.
 
><><><><><><
 
The nursery in Funny Girl (1968):
 
 
><><><><><><
 
And lastly, this girl's bedroom in The Major and the Minor (1939):
 
Lovely white curtains and the last window seat.

Imagine having a room like this!

More shelves! I'd take away all the chemistry supplies and the frog skin though!
 
Which rooms did you like best?

11 comments:

  1. The playroom in Holiday has been one of favorite movie rooms since I first saw that movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cozy to the max!

    I love all these places. Who wouldn't want to be invited to Linda's room? Who wouldn't want to live with the Lemp girls?

    I love all those window seats. Admit it though, the last word on window seats is in Abby and Martha Brewster's place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes. Every time someone in the family mentions building one I say "Look in the window seat." :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my, I'm sighing over all those wonderful built-in bookcases! Almost all of these rooms have them. And the window seats! Those cross-draped ruffly curtains must have been a 1930s-50s trend, looks like.

    I think my favorites of these are probably the Daughters Courageous and The Major and the Minor rooms. I'd take that last bedroom easily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I like them because I have so many books and built in shelves look so much better!

      Wouldn't it be fun to build a crazy house of all your favorite movie rooms stuck together?

      Delete
  4. What about if you put them all in one house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be so cool! I've thought it would be neat to have a house of all the living areas from classic tv shows like Bewitched, Dick Van Dyke, My Three Sons, and Leave it to Beaver.

      Delete
  5. Give me a second while I pick my jaw off of the floor... These places were so adorable! Great collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you enjoyed them! Glad I finally had an opportunity to share them :)

      Delete
  6. I don't screencap entire rooms, I prefer to screencap... beds. But enough about me, let's talk about your post: yes, the breakfast area in Indiscreet is very cozy! I actually would live in Ingrid's place in this movie without second thought!
    Thanks for hosting this fun event!
    Kisses!
    Le

    ReplyDelete