Friday, May 26, 2017

The Favorite Director Blogathon is Here!


The Favorite Director Blogathon is finally here, and Quiggy from The Midnite Drive-In and I have a great line-up for you! This post will be updated over the weekend with the new posts. I can't wait to read about everyone's favorite director! Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

DAY 1 

Demanded Critical Reviews starts off the blogathon with The Cinema of Andrei Tarkovsky.

Cinematic Scribblings brings us The Quintessential Ozu: Late Spring (1949).

Love Letters to Old Hollywood explores the magic of Mr. Wilder, Mr. Baxter, and Mr. Kubelik.

Angelman's Place discusses Roman's Baby.

Caftan Woman has us saddle up with William Wyler - Hell's Heros (1929) and The Big Country (1958).

Plot and Theme tells us to stop worrying and love Dr. Strangelove and the Folderol of Fallout.

John V's Eclectic Avenue takes us on a trip into Jacques Tourneur's World of Shadows.

Classic Movie Treasures celebrates John Wayne's birthday today with a look at John Ford's 20-year Journey to Make The Quiet Man.

Christina Wehner takes a look at William Wellman - Action and Story.

Pure Entertainment Preservation Society looks at George Cukor: The Director Who Makes Films Seem Real.

Anybody Got a Match? argues that Stanley Donen's Charade (1963) is a perfect example of  his unique directing abilities and not a Hitchcock knock-off.

DAY 2 & 3

My co-host, The Midnite Drive-In, looks at horror master John Carpenter's Big Trouble in Little China (1986).

Hamlette's Soliloquey looks at John Ford's masterpiece The Searchers (1956).

Charlene's (Mostly) Classic Movie Reviews discusses Ingmar Bergman's Through a Glass Darkly (1961).

Realwidgiemidget Reviews goes Behind the Camera with Ed Wood.

Critica Retro shares her Ode to Orson Welles.

DAY 4

Champagne for Lunch discusses her favorite Mervyn Leroy Films.

LA Explorer shines a Spotlight on The Miracle at Morgan's Creek (1944).

And lastly, my post on Frank Capra and Robert Riskin.

A Viewer's Guide to Classic Films discusses how Women Take Center Stage: D.W. Griffith's Resolute Heroines.

Thanks for participating in this blogathon!!
I promise I'll read and comment on everyone's posts starting Tuesday. My post took a lot longer than I had anticipated. Meanwhile, enjoy reading everyone's contributions, and I hope to see all of you at The Second Annual Olivia de Havilland Blogathon + Errol Flynn!

15 comments:

  1. Saddle up with William Wyler: http://www.caftanwoman.com/2017/05/favorite-director-blogathon-william.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop worrying and love the bomb!:
    https://plotandtheme.com/2017/05/26/dr-strangelove-and-the-folderol-of-fallout/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take a trip into the darkness with Jacques Tourneur! http://jveclectic.blogspot.com/2017/05/jacques-tourneurs-world-of-shadows.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. My post on William Wellman is up now. Thanks so much for hosting! :)

    https://christinawehner.wordpress.com/2017/05/26/william-wellman-action-and-story/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't divide it up by days on my blog. Do you think I should?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm mainly just doing that for myself so I can keep track of which posts I've read :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, OK. I'm reading them prior to posting them. That's the only way I can keep track.

      Delete
  6. I've got my review of John Ford's The Searchers up here now :-) Thanks for hosting this! I look forward to reading the other entries as I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! Here is my post for the blogathon! I look forward to reading the other entries :) https://charsmoviereviews.wordpress.com/2017/05/27/through-a-glass-darkly-1961/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sent you my review, https://weegiemidget.wordpress.com/behind-the-camera/ed-wood/

    Gill from Realweegiemidget Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Laura! Here it is my post on Orson Welles: http://criticaretro.blogspot.com.br/2017/05/uma-ode-orson-welles-ode-to-orson-welles.html

    Now up to reading the other articles!
    Kisses!
    Le

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, sorry I'm late! Here's my post: https://champagneforlunch.wordpress.com/2017/05/29/favorite-directors-mervyn-leroy/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry I couldn't get my entry in in time! Real life intervened. I am sending a link -- but I do understand if you can't post it.

    http://www.lindajsandahl.net/2017/05/women-take-center-stage-dw-griffiths.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally understand. I've submitted posts late before too. Will add it to the list. Can't wait to read it!!

      Delete