Thursday, September 30, 2021

Recycled Costume Roundup - September

This month I'm highlighting costumes worn by the same actress in two separate movies. One of the things I share on my blog Facebook page is screenshots of Eve Arden's costumes. A few months ago I shared her costumes in Tea For Two (1950). Then,  a couple weeks ago, I was skipping through The Lady Takes a Sailor (1949) to take screenshots of her outfits (I'd already seen the movie twice previously) and recognized the pajamas she wore. I revisited my FB album and was reminded of all the outfits she wore. As I continued to watch the movie, I noticed two more! That's three costumes that showed up on Eve Arden in two films.




~♥~♥~♥~

The next two are costumes I've spotted previously, both worn by Patricia Neal. She makes a cameo as herself in It's a Great Feeling (1949) wearing her costume from The Fountainhead (1949). 

The gown also had a matching, fur-lined cloak!

This next one is a wedding gown recycle. I will do a full post on it for my Cinema Wedding Gowns series sometime in the future. Here is Neal in Bright Leaf (1950) and Raton Pass (1951) wearing the same exact gown and veil. The scene is pretty short in Bright Leaf so they probably thought no one would notice.

Lastly, make sure you check out last month's post again. I found a third recycle of Olivia de Havilland's It's Love I'm After gown!

2 comments:

  1. Incredible! You have the best eye. I adore Eve's pajamas. I want Eve's pajamas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren’t they cute? I love the wide sleeves.

      Delete