Sunday, February 4, 2018

Countdown to the Oscars: Bringing the Series Back After Three Years


During the second year of my blog I started a Countdown to the Oscars series for the month of February. I wrote several posts covering the very first Academy Awards ceremony up through 1945. I've linked them below:

Announcing the Countdown to the Oscars

The First Academy Awards, 1927-28

2nd to 6th Academy Awards

1934

1935 - 1938

1939

The War Years, 1940-1945

Throw an Oscars Viewing Party

The following year, 2016, I intended to continue my series. I hosted a Costume Awards for the years before it became an official category but not many people participated. I also participated in a couple of Oscar-themed blogathons:

Timeline of Academy Award-Winning Costumes: 1949-1960

The William Powell Oscar Snubs

Last Year I wrote up a post for the Post-War period but never finished adding photos to it. My only Oscar contributions was a part 2 to my Costume Timeline for the same annual blogathon.

Timeline of Academy Award-Winning Costumes: 1961-1977

This year I am going to try to finish my series.  I also hope you'll check out some of my early posts, as I was quite proud of them but didn't have many followers back then.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool! I'm glad you're bringing it back! I can't wait to read your posts.

    ReplyDelete