Wow. I can't believe it has already been two years since I started this blog and became part of a wonderful, unique group of people known as Classic Movie Bloggers!! I don't know how I lived without this outlet for all of my Classic Movie adventures and discoveries. In the past year alone I have:
- Hosted two more blogathons (The Star-Studded Couple and The Olivia de Havilland Centenary Blogathon)
- Hosted a Costume Awards to vote and give Oscars to the costumes that came before the institution of the Best Costume Award category
- Started the Behind the Dress series (on break until I get new sources)
- Listed my Top Ten on nearly every topic imaginable (ok, not really, but a lot)
- Wrote what I consider my best posts to date in the month of August (especially the first half of the month)
- Taken the TCM Slapstick class (I aced it btw)
- Announced the Cary Grant Blogathon (you can still join!!!)
And started a Cinema Wedding Gowns series.
♥ ♥ ♥
I have also been nominated by Virginie of The Wonderful World of Cinema for a Sunshine Blog Award. Below are my answers to the questions she asked (since I just did a Liebster I will not be tagging anyone or asking 11 questions). Thanks Virginie!!
1. Except for the USA… which country do you think makes the most interesting and worthy movies?
- Well, the only other country I've watched movies from is England...
2. If your life had to be like a movie, which movie would you choose?
3. Which movie star inspires you the most? It doesn’t necessarily have to be your favorite.
- Carole Lombard
4. What is your favourite catastrophe movie of the 70s (the golden decade of catastrophe movies)?
- I haven't seen any...
5. To you, who is the most iconic actress of all times and the most iconic actor of all times?
- Audrey Hepburn and John Wayne
6. Is there a book you would like to see a movie adaptation of? Who would star in it?
- Maybe a Trixie Belden mystery book with Sandra Dee
7. You think Audrey Hepburn made her best movies with Billy Wilder, William Wyler or Stanley Donen? I chose the movie directors with whom she made more that just one film.
- William Wyler
8. If you had the chance to own all the costumes of one movie, which one would it be?
- White Christmas (1954) & The Man From U.N.C.L.E. (2015)
9. What do you think was the prettiest Oscar dress?
- Audrey Hepburn
10. The ugliest?
- Haha most of the ones from the 70s-90s
11. If you could go back in time, what would you change from the movie history? But you can choose only ONE thing (it can be a movie ending you didn’t like, prevent the premature death of one of your favourite actors, choose another actress for Scarlett O’Hara, anything!) I know, hard choice.
- I would have Carole Lombard not die.
♥ ♥ ♥
While my blog will never look like what I intended it to in the beginning, I am enormously proud of the way it has turned out and how it continues to bring me joy. I am also thankful for the friends I have made along the way (you know who you are) and for all the discoveries I have made through their blogs and comments. Here's to many more years :)