The amazing Western-loving Hamlette nominated me last week for another Liebster award (this makes 4 for me). Since I did one not too long ago, I'm not going to tag anyone so feel free to answer my 11 questions in the comments or on your own blog :)
Here's my answers to Hamlette's awesome questions:
I can't think of one off the top of my head but I always want gelato when I watch Roman Holiday (warning: It's illegal to eat it on the Spanish Steps. Depressing I know).
2. What era do most of your favorite movies take place in?
Well, going from my Five Movies on an Island list, the 1950s. The decade on my movie list that is the longest is the 1940s.
3. What two actors/actresses have you always hoped would make a movie together, but didn't/haven't yet?
I'm pretty sure I've thought of some before but I can't think of them now so I'll go with Cary Grant and Olivia de Havilland! Or how about a 1930s comedy with Olivia and Carole Lombard! Their combined beauty and comedic talent would break the screen!!
4. If money and time and supplies (and crafting ability) were not considerations, what movie character would you love to cosplay or dress up like for Halloween?
I would love to dress up as Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz (I already have the most important part: the shoes. I also have a stuffed animal Toto) but I would look terrible in that outfit.
I also want to dress up as Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday but I would rather wear it in Rome.
5. Have you ever cosplayed or dressed up like a movie or TV character for Halloween?
I once dressed up as Daphne from Scooby Doo for a Sadie Hawkins dance that was around Halloween at my college. (Nervous because this is the first photo of myself I've put on any of my blogs...)
6. What movie would your friends/family be surprised to learn you truly enjoyed?
Probably quite a few haha. My brothers are the only ones who really know what movies I enjoy. I think my friends and extended family know I like old movies but maybe not just how MUCH! They might be surprised on some of the movies containing crude humor - mostly 80s and 90s - or some action films.
7. What's one book you hope no one ever makes into a film?
50 Shades of Grey. Oh wait... they already did :/
8. Do you know the Wilhelm Scream when you hear it?
I have no idea what that is...
9. When a character onscreen has to hold their breath, to you try to hold your breath to match theirs?
I don't think so. I have tried to hold out a musical note for a long time (ex: Judy Garland in several songs and "Ain't No Sunshine" sung by Bill Withers).
10. What upcoming movies (or TV series) are you excited about?
I really want to see The Light Between Oceans starring Alicia Vikander and her real-life boyfriend Michael Fassbender. It just came out but only in select theaters (none close enough to me) so I will have to wait until it comes out on dvd.
I also can't wait for the WWII film The Exception (also known as The Kaiser's Last Kiss) starring Christopher Plummer, Lily James, and Jai Courtney. I may feel differently when I see the trailer, whenever it comes out because I really have no idea what it's about...
11. What are some of your favorite movie-oriented blogs? (Or just blogs that post movie reviews sometimes.)
My favorite blogs are The Blonde at the Film (love all her screenshots) and Back to Golden Days. I always learn so much from reading their reviews. Another fun one that is more 1930s actress-oriented is Curious Pip. She makes amazing dolls as well as awesome sketches of Myrna Loy, Jean Harlow, and several other screen favorites. You should definitely check it out. And of course Hamlette's Soliloquey ;) I've listed several others on my Classic Movie Sites Page/tab.
My 11 questions:
1. Favorite British Movie Star (other than Cary Grant):
2. Favorite Classic Movie gif:
3. Have you signed up for the Hub Club? If not, use this link so I'll get points ;)
4. Favorite movie geared for teens/young adults (ex. Gidget, beach party films, Divergent, etc.):
5. Favorite supporting character in Gone With the Wind (you can't pick Scarlet, Rhett, Melanie, or Ashley):
6. Favorite Classic Courtroom movie:
7. Favorite book that was made into a movie:
8. Favorite song sung by a movie star (Judy, Bing, Deanna, etc.):
9. Favorite movie filmed on location (other than US):
10. Favorite classic movie hat:
11. Favorite blogathon so far this year (*Olivia* cough, cough):