Can you guess why I revisited this one? ;)
Well, I have TCM again (signed in with my Aunt's account). I went to visit my aunt on Long Island for an entire month and, as you can see from all the * I've mostly been watching movies I've already seen with her. A couple she remembered vaguely having seen before but I was able to introduce her to some "new" films. Her favorite seemed to be Theodora Goes Wild ;)
While on Long Island I got to visit a couple movie locations. I've already posted about visiting Jones Beach, the setting for The Girl From Jones Beach (1948), but I've updated it so be sure to check it out again! I also got to go to Old Westbury Gardens. The house there was used as James Mason's mansion at the beginning of North By Northwest (1959). That post will be coming shortly (after my blogathon).
Now to the films I watched:
- The Old Dark House (1932) - Boris Karloff, Melvyn Douglas, Charles Laughton, Raymond Massey, Gloria Stuart
- The Ghost Goes West (1936) - Robert Donat
- Make Way for a Lady (1936) - Anne Shirley, Herbert Marshall
- *Theodora Goes Wild (1936) - Irene Dunne & Melvyn Douglas
- *The Ex-Mrs. Bradford (1936) - William Powell & Jean Arthur
- *Double Wedding (1937) - William Powell & Myrna Loy
- *Third Finger, Left Hand (1940) - Melvyn Douglas & Myrna Loy, Lee Bowman
- Night Train to Munich (1940) - Margaret Lockwood, Rex Harrison, Paul Henried
- *Love Crazy (1941) - William Powell & Myrna Loy, Jack Carson
- Tish (1942) - Marjorie Main, Susan Peters, Lee Bowman, Zasu Pitts
- *The More the Merrier (1943) - Jean Arthur & Joel McCrea, Charles Coburn
- Always Together (1948) - Cecil Kellaway, Dennis Morgan & Jack Carson (cameos)
- Born to Be Bad (1950) - Joan Fontaine & Robert Ryan, Zachary Scott & Joan Leslie, Mel Ferrer
- *The Lemon-Drop Kid (1951) - Bob Hope & Marilyn Maxwell, Jane Darwell
- *Three Coins in the Fountain (1954) - Louis Jourdan & Maggie McNamara, Clifton Webb & Dorothy McGuire, Jean Peters & Rossano Brazzi
- Odds Against Tomorrow (1959) - Harry Belafonte, Robert Ryan
- *North by Northwest (1959) - Cary Grant & Eva Marie Saint, James Mason
Favorite Movie: Again, all favorites but I greatly enjoyed The Ghost Goes West with Donat in a double role as well as Night Train to Munich. Also, why wasn't Harry Belafonte in more movies??? I watched Odds Against Tomorrow for Robert Ryan but found myself focusing on Belafonte (whose Calypso record was incidentally a favorite of my brother's and I growing up in the 90s). You can find the entire film (in two parts) on YouTube.
We listened and danced to this all. the. time.