Saturday, July 9, 2022

Movies I Watched in June

We passed a Good Humor ice cream truck. Jack Carson starred 
in a movie called The Good Humor Man (1950)

Didn’t get to watch very many movies this month. I went to Long Island for a week for a family event and, before I left, had to get ahead in my work (I work from home verifying patient insurance for a dentist office. I don’t get any vacation time yet but had planned this before I was hired) so I was working like crazy and preparing for my trip. 

Anyway, my trip was amazing. I got to go back to Old Westbury Gardens and take a better photo on the steps where Cary Grant walks up in North By Northwest (1959) - I wasn’t happy with the way my photo came out last time so I never ended up sharing it here, I will try to finish that post soon. On the way home we stopped at Gettysburg, where my 4x great grandfather fought (on the Union side). I brought a photograph of him with me and took a picture with it by the memorial to his regiment. We also went to a little museum in the town that had some uniforms of Audie Murphy’s as well as one of Marilyn Monroe’s bras... I also popped into the library to use the restroom and ended up buying a bag of books (including a biography of Mary Wickes) in the book sale room... did I mention the car was already packed very tight? Lol.


Lock of Monroe's hair

Here's what I watched this month (* means a rewatch):

  1. The Bride Walks Out (1936) - Barbara Stanwyck & Gene Raymond, Robert Young
  2. Bridal Suite (1939) - Robert Young & Annabella, Billie Burke, Walter Connelly
  3. The Guilty (1947) - Bonita Granville
  4. *Tonight’s the Night (1954) - David Niven & Yvonne De Carlo, Barry Fitzgerald 
  5. Secret of the Incas (1954) - Charlton Heston, Robert Young, Thomas Mitchell, Glenda Ferrell
  6. Drum Beat (1954) - Alan Ladd, Charles Bronson, Audrey Dalton
  7. *Jailhouse Rock (1958) - Elvis Presley 
  8. Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959) - James Mason, Arlene Dahl, Pat Boone, Diane Baker
  9. Romancing the Stone (1984) - Kathleen Turner & Michael Douglas, Danny DeVito 
  10. Spaceman (2016) - Josh Duhamel 
Least Favorite Film: Gene Raymond’s character was annoying in The Bride Walks Out. The Guilty was ok, but it’s not going on a list of favorite Noirs. 

Favorite Movie: Romancing the Stone was fun! I also enjoyed Journey to the Center of the Earth.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, Drum Beat (1954) is a Ladd movie I haven't even heard about! What's the premise? As someone who is a little obsessed with that particular instrument, it caught my attention, lol. That's so cool that you got to go to those museums!

    ReplyDelete