Saturday, October 23, 2021

Cinema Wedding Gowns: Twice-Told Tales (1963)

We have a spooky wedding gown for today. Sebastian Cabot brings his dead fiancé back to life with a potion, that he himself also takes to become younger. Unfortunately it doesn't last long...

Bringing her wedding gown down from the attic.

The dress is cream satin with a scoop neck, puffed sleeves with attached lace long sleeves, and an empire waist adorned with a large flat-laying bow.

Here you can see the lace applique on the bust as well as the pleating on the skirt. The veil is a floral crown with floor length tulle attached. Notice below the shorter piece that would go over the head to cover the bride's face.

As you can see, the potion wears off very quickly lol.

4 comments:

  1. The literary part of me wishes that movie had been slightly better, but the 60's cheesy horror fan part of me thinks they did such a delightfully corny job of the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good heavens, that's rather funny in a horrifying kind of way. The gown itself is quite pretty, rather elegant.

    And just completely random, but I wanted to invite you to possibly participate in my "Celebrate Jeremy Brett Month" this November (his birthday was 11/3). It's very low-key, but knowing you've probably watched some of his more classic work (My Fair Lady or War and Peace) means you might be familiar with him. No pressure, but just in case you wanted to participate, I wanted to make you aware. Blessings!

    https://cabdriversandcoffeepots.blogspot.com/2021/10/announcing-celebrate-jeremy-brett-month.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit I laughed out loud when they showed the skeleton. It was so fast!

      Thanks for the invite! I’ve literally only seen him in My Fair Lady and I can’t think of an interesting way to write about him in it, so I will regretfully have to pass this time. My brother used to belt out “On the Street Where You Live” just acting silly but the girls at our church were impressed instead lol

      Delete