Friday, October 26, 2018

Announcing the 90 Years of Jean Simmons Blogathon!


It's no secret (at least I hope not) that Jean Simmons is one of my favorite actresses. I first saw her in Until They Sail (1957) and since then I've watched every film of hers I could get my hands on. So when Virginie of The Wonderful World of Cinema asked if I would like to co-host a blogathon in Simmon's honor, I jumped at the chance!

RULES:
  • First of all, if you don't like Jean Simmons (what's wrong with you?? ;), this blogathon is not for you. We want to honor Simmons, not criticize her.
  • Make sure you subscribe first. Don't expect us to add you to the roster after the blogathon has started.
  • The blogathon will run from January 29-31, 2019, coinciding with Simmons' birthday.
  • We will allow up to two duplicates in order to cover as many films/topics as possible. Also, we will allow up to two entries per person so that everyone has a chance to write about what they want. Please make sure it is new content.
  • Don't have a blog but want to participate? No problem! Contact me or Virginie and we will be happy to share your post on one of our blogs!
  • When you decided on your topic, leave a comment WITH A LINK TO YOUR BLOG and your topic of choice. 
  • Lastly, add one of these breathtakingly banners that Virginie made to your blog to help advertise!
Topics already chosen twice:

Star Trek: The Next Generation
Murder, She Wrote
Guys & Dolls
Elmer Gantry
Footsteps in the Fog
The Happy Ending




ROSTER:

Phyllis Loves Classic Movies: She Couldn't Say No (1952) & TBA
The Wonderful World of Cinema: Personal Tribute
Wide Screen World: Star Trek: The Next Generation "The Drumhead" (1991)
Caftan Woman: Murder, She Wrote "Mirror, Mirror on the Wall" (1989)
Realweegiemidget Reviews: Dominique (1979)
Hamlette's Soliloquy: The Big Country (1958)
Taking Up Room: Elmer Gantry (1960)
Movie Rob: Footsteps in the Fog (1955) & The Happy Ending (1969)
The Midnite Drive-In: The Blue Lagoon (1949)
Maddy Loves Her Classic Films: Footsteps in the Fog (1955)
Cinema Cities: Guys and Dolls (1955)
Pop Culture Reverie: Dark Shadows (1991)
Pale Writer: Guys and Dolls (1955) & This Could Be the Night (1957)
Silver Screenings: Elmer Gantry (1960)
In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood: The Actress (1953)

The Stop Button: The Happy Ending (1969)
Critica Retro: Hilda Crane (1956)
18 Cinema Lane: Howl's Moving Castle (2004)
Film Exodus: Affair with a Stranger (1953)
Blog of the Darned: The Big Country (1958)
The Story Enthusiast: All the Way Home (1957)
Mike Takes On the Movies: Jean Simmons Posters and Lobby Cards
Silver Scenes Trio (1950) & The Egyptian (1954)

"Oh, I think this event will be a great success!"

28 comments:

  1. Haha I love the gif at the end! I'll write a personal tribute to Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The STAR TREK: TNG episode "The Drumhead."
    http://widescreenworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Jean Simmons. This is from my early blogging days: https://www.caftanwoman.com/2010/01/starstruck.html

    I would like to write a piece on Jean's Emmy-nominated guest role on Murder, She Wrote - Mirror, Mirror on the Wall (Parts 1 and 2) in 1989.
    https://www.caftanwoman.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I'll have to read that!

      I love Murder, She Wrote! I've only seen season 1 so far though. I may have to get this season from the library and watch it soon!

      Delete
  4. Hi, can you add me for "The Drumhead" her appearance in Star Trek: The Next Generation too please, thanks Gill from Realweegiemidget Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!!! Can I write about The Big Country on my Soliloquy, please?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Phyl! I'd like to write about "Elmer Gantry," please. First blogathon of 2019 (so far)...yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'd love to do guys and dolls (1955) and the happy ending (1969). Tnx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been putting off seeing Guys and Dolls for a while. I need to get around to watching it!

      Delete
  8. AS I told your partner in crime, I'm picking The Blue Lagoon. And I'm also betting no one else does.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'm so glad you will be reviewing She Couldn't Say No. It's such a great under rated comedy. I'll be thinking about what I want to contribute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a cute movie!! I saved it on my dvr for a couple years until I found it online and was able to download it ;)

      Delete
    2. I'd like to cover All The Way Home. I've never seen it and it looks to be a good one.

      Delete
    3. Here's my entry.
      https://wp.me/p8cFHd-1dj

      Delete
    4. Yay! Adding it now to the post that will go up later tonight :)

      Delete
  10. Oh, I can't pass up this one! Jean Simmons made SO many great films, it was a tough decision but put me down for "Trio" and "The Egyptian". - Constance ( Silver Scenes )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to be so late in replying! Excited that you're joining!

      Delete
  11. Hi there, sorry but need to change my post - may I do Dominique instead - its a 70s Horror with Jean Simmons, thanks Gill at Realweegiemidget Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  12. Phyl, Gill from Real Weegiemidget Reviews changed her subject for "Dominique" (1979) and Crystal from In the Good Old Days... changed it for The Actress (1953)!

    ReplyDelete