Monday, March 7, 2022

Remembering Caftan Woman

It was with great sadness that I learned of the death of Patricia Nolan-Hall aka Paddy aka Caftan Woman today. If you are part of the Classic Movie community on Twitter or have an old movie blog, you know who she is. If you follow her on Twitter, you probably know that she was on dialysis until last summer, when she received a kidney transplant. Unfortunately she very quickly began to have complications. She wasn't able to be on Twitter as much, but she still wrote blog posts when she could, her last being only a few days ago.

She was always kind and encouraging to me, leaving comments on my posts when I posted regularly, when I hardly posted, and when I started posting again regularly last year. She always joined my blogathons and recommended the best movies. When I watched one of her "one for {insert month} on TCM" suggestions I ALWAYS enjoyed it. She will be greatly missed.

In her honor, I thought I'd list a few of the movies she introduced me too and the link to her post:

Merrily We Live (1938)





Heaven Only Knows (1947) 

I responded to this one on Twitter:



The Late George Apley (1947)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I know there were many more, but these are the ones I remember most. 

Rest in peace, Caftan Woman. You will be greatly missed, but I know you are having a swell time getting to meet all of your favorite stars ;)

5 comments: