Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Movies I Watched in February

If you enjoyed my post on Another Time, Another Place (1958) I wrote about in December for the Bond, Not Bond Blogathon, I have added new, clear screenshots. A month after I had watched it on a different website it was added to Pluto TV. Took me a couple hours to find the same spots I used for my original screenshots but it was worth it. I finally watched season 1 of White Collar. I had started it several years ago but kept watching other older shows.

No, you didn't miss February's recycled costume post. I didn't get it written. The shorter month threw me off.

  1. Cleopatra (1934) - Claudette Colbert, Warren William, Henry Wilcoxon, C. Aubrey Smith
  2. Mutiny on the Bounty (1935) - Charles Laughton, Clark Gable, Franchot Tone
  3. The Private Life of Henry VIII (1938) - Charles Laughton, Merle Oberon, Wendy Barrie, Elsa Lanchester, Binnie Barnes, Robert Donat
  4. *The Mad Miss Manton (1938) - Barbara Stanwyck & Henry Fonda
  5. The Suspect (1944) - Charles Laughton, Ella Raines
  6. *Undercurrent (1946) - Katharine Hepburn & Robert Taylor, Robert Mitchum, Edmund Gwenn
  7. Ambush (1950) - Robert Taylor, John Hodiak, Arlene Dahl, Jean Hagen
  8. *She Couldn’t Say No (1954) - Jean Simmons & Robert Mitchum 
  9. *Phffft! (1954) - Judy Holliday & Jack Lemmon, Jack Carson, Kim Novak
  10. Violent Road (1958) - Brian Keith, Dick Foran, Efrem Zimbalist Jr.
  11. *Viva Las Vegas (1964) - Elvis Presley & Ann Margaret, William Demerest
  12. *Tickle Me (1965) - Elvis Presley, Julie Adams
  13. Bullitt (1968) - Steve McQueen, Robert Vaughn, Jacqueline Besset, Robert Duvall
  14. The Secret of Boyne Castle/Guns in the Heather (1969) - Kurt Russell, Tom Corbett 
  15. The Barefoot Executive (1971) - Kurt Russell, Harry Morgan
  16. Westworld (1973) - Richard Benjamin, James Brolin, Yul Brynner 
  17. Daisy Miller (1974) - Cybil Shepherd, Barry Brown, Cloris Leachman, Mildred Natwick
  18. Silver Streak (1976) - Gene Wilder, Richard Pryor, Patrick McGoohan
  19. Somewhere in Time (1980) - Christopher Reeve & Jane Seymour, Christopher Plummer, Teresa Wright
  20. What About Bob? (1991) - Bill Murray, Richard Dreyfuss
  21. Sommersby (1993) - Richard Gere, Jodie Foster
  22. Tombstone (1993) - Kurt Russell, Val Kilmer, Sam Elliot, Bill Paxton, Harry Carey Jr., Robert Mitchum (narrator)
  23. *Assassins (1995) - Sylvester Stallone & Julianne Moore, Antonio Bandaras 
  24. Touchback (2011) - Brian Presley, Kurt Russell, Christine Lahti 
  25. *Star Trek Beyond (2016) - Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, John Cho, Anton Yelchin, Idris Elba 
Least Favorite Film: I'm going to say Tombstone only because of all the blood. I covered the screen for most of the revenge sequence. It's been a long time since I watched Assassins and I didn't like it as much as I used too. Then the scene at the end reminded me why I liked it so much. I also think I first watched it during the period where every week I was watching either Rocky or Rocky II (Rocky is still one of my top 10 movies). The dial-up internet and floppy discs also distracted me this time. Also, the end of Daisy Miller was wtf!!

Favorite Movie: I had a pretty solid month. Everything was good. I was really impressed with the cinematography and editing of Mutiny on the Bounty. Bullitt and Westworld were different than I expected. Silver Streak was really good - Agatha Christie meets Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor with a dash of disaster movie at the end. The Secret of Boyne Castle needs to be released on dvd!!

Thoughts on the trailer for the new Elvis biopic? I was all set to hate it but after watching the trailer I'm excited. Yes, Butler's face is nowhere near as beautiful as the real Elvis, but he seems to have his moves down perfect. Not quite sure what's up with Tom Hank's voice though...

No comments:

Post a Comment