Monday, July 1, 2024

Movies I Watched in June

This month was Burt Lancaster month lol. A couple of Deborah Kerr movies and an impromptu rewatch of Run Silent, Run Deep led me to a From Here to Eternity rewatch (I just can't get with Kerr's "American" accent) which led to more Burt Lancaster. I also finally watched Band of Brothers. I covered up the screen a few times, especially in the Bastogne episode, but it was an excellent series. 

* indicates a rewatch

    1. Death on the Diamond (1934) - Robert Young, Madge Evans, William Demerest, Nat Pendleton
    2. Singapore Woman (1941) - Brenda Marshall
    3. Mission to Moscow (1943) - Walter Huston, Eleanor Parker
    4. *Brief Encounter (1945) - Celia Johnson & Trevor Howard
    5. I See a Dark Stranger (1946) - Deborah Kerr & Trevor Howard 
    6. Desert Fury (1947) - Lisabeth Scott, John Hodiak, Mary Astor, Burt Lancaster, Wendall Corey
    7. I Walk Alone (1947) - Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas, Lisabeth Scott, Wendall Corey
    8. Whispering Smith (1949) - Alan Ladd, Robert Preston, Brenda Marshall, Donald Crisp, William Demerest, Fay Holden
    9. *Mister 880 (1950) - Burt Lancaster, Edmund Gwenn, Dorothy McGuire
    10. *From Here to Eternity (1953) - Burt Lancaster & Deborah Kerr, Montgomery Clift & Donna Reed, Frank Sinatra, Ernest Borgnine
    11. *Run Silent, Run Deep (1958) - Clark Gable, Burt Lancaster, Don Rickles
    12. Good Morning (1959-Japanese) - 
    13. The Chalk Garden (1964) - Deborah Kerr, Hayley Mills, John Mills
    14. *Destination Wedding (2019) - Keanu Reeves & Winona Ryder
    Band of Brothers (2000) - Damian Lewis, Donnie Wahlburg, etc.
    We Stand Alone Together: The Men of Easy Company (2001)
    Deborah Kerr: Getting to Know Her (2000) 

    Least Favorite Film: Mission to Moscow was very much a propaganda film of it's time. I watched it for Eleanor Parker.

    Favorite Movie: Once I got past the first few minutes I really enjoyed I See a Dark Stranger. It ended up being quite funny as well, which I wasn't expecting. I got a little teary reading Caftan Woman's post about it. 

    Favorite Lines: "Spanswick, Margery's on the line about the dance tonight. She wants to know whether to wear the backless blue or the frontless white?"
    ~ I See a Dark Stranger (1946)

    "A man's got to settle down on first base and raise a family before you call him 'safe'."
    ~ Death on the Diamond (1934)

    I came across this video of Lloyd Bridges singing on the Ed Sullivan show and had to share!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment