Monday, July 1, 2019

Movies I Watched in June


This month I suddenly started a new job that required me moving in with my aunt on Long Island. I've been very busy (with work and sightseeing) and have therefore not been able to watch as many movies as I have been. I was able to get a library card here and they have a really good selection of Classic Films so I'm excited to explore that. I was also finishing up season 4 and 5 of The Last Ship (they randomly killed one of my favorite characters in the second-to-last episode...).
  1. *If You Could Only Cook (1935) - Jean Arthur & Herbert Marshall
  2. When You're in Love (1937) - Grace Moore & Cary Grant
  3. Escape (1940) - Robert Taylor & Norma Shearer, Conrad Veidt, Bonita Granville
  4. Repent at Leisure (1941) - Wendy Barrie
  5. That Night in Rio (1941) - Don Ameche & Alice Faye, Carmen Miranda
  6. *Footsteps in the Dark (1941) - Errol Flynn & Brenda Marshall, Allen Jenkins, Alan Hale, William Frawley
  7. *Never Say Goodbye (1946) - Errol Flynn & Eleanor Parker, S.Z. Sakall
  8. Trio (1950) - Jean Simmons & Michael Rennie (only watched part three)
  9. Two Weeks with Love (1950) - Jane Powell & Ricardo Montalban, Debbie Reynolds
  10. *On Moonlight Bay (1951) - Doris Day & Gordon McRea
  11. Encore (1952) - Glynis Johns (only watched part three)
  12. Pearl of the South Pacific (1955) - Virginia Mayo & Dennis Morgan
  13. The Young Stranger (1957) - James MacArther, Kim Hunter, James Gregory, James Daly
  14. Hooper (1978) - Burt Reynolds & Sally Field, Brian Keith, James Best, Adam West
  15. InSight (2011) - Natalie Zea, Adam Baldwin, Veronica Cartwright, Christopher Lloyd
  16. Apollo 11 (2019) - documentary, watched in dome theater
  17. Murder Mystery (2019-Netflix) - Jennifer Aniston & Adam Sandler, Luke Evans

Least Favorite Film: I love Dennis Morgan and think Virginia Mayo is underrated but Pearl of the South Pacific wasn't that great. 

Favorite Film: The Young Stranger was excellent. Escape was more exciting then I expected. I of course enjoyed the segments I got to see from Trio and Encore with two of my favorite actresses (unfortunately it collided with me leaving so I didn't get to watch the full films). If you have Netflix and enjoy Agatha Christie and comedies you need to watch Murder Mystery. It was so fun!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I haven't seen any of these! Well, I guess that I did get to see the end of On Moonlight Bay, and I've seen the full sequel. Good luck with your new job!!

    ReplyDelete