Saturday, April 1, 2017

Movies I Watched in March


This month I watched quite a few films I've already seen (films with an *), including Mister Roberts (1955) which I've wanted to watch again for some time. I also watched several newer films that I've been wanting to see.
  1. Arsene Lupin (1932) - John Barrymore, Lionel Barrymore, Karen Morley
  2. Bureau of Missing Persons (1933) - Pat O'Brien & Bette Davis
  3. Mama Steps Out (1937) - Alice Brady, Dennis Morgan (as Stanley Morner)
  4. Maisie (1939) - Ann Sothern & Robert Young
  5. Mademoiselle Fifi (1944) - Simone Simon
  6. The Time, the Place and the Girl (1946) - Dennis Morgan & Jack Carson, Martha Vickers, Janis Paige, S.Z. Sakall, Alan Hale
  7. A Double Life (1947) - Ronald Colman
  8. Too Young to Kiss (1951) - June Allyson & Van Johnson, Gig Young
  9. When in Rome (1952) - Van Johnson, Paul Douglas
  10. *Mister Roberts (1955) - Henry Fonda, William Powell, Jack Lemmon, James Cagney
  11. The Virgin Queen (1955) - Bette Davis, Richard Todd, Joan Collins
  12. Sea Wife (1957) - Richard Burton & Joan Collins (post coming soon)
  13. *The Wackiest Ship in the Army (1960) - Jack Lemmon, Ricky Nelson, John Lund
  14. The V.I.P.s (1963) - Richard Burton & Elizabeth Taylor, Louis Jourdan, Rod Taylor & Maggie Smith, Margaret Rutherford, Orson Welles
  15. From Russia with Love (1963) - Sean Connery, Pedro Armandariz (my first classic Bond film)
  16. *Ocean's Eleven (2001) - George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts, Andy Garcia, Matt Damon
  17. *Ocean's Twelve (2004) - George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts, Catherine Zeta Jones, Matt Damon
  18. *The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement (2004) - Anne Hathaway, Julie Andrews, Chris Pine
  19. *The Devil Wears Prada (2006) - Anne Hathaway, Meryl Streep, Emily Blunt
  20. *The Young Victoria (2009) - Emily Blunt & Rupert Friend
  21. Unstoppable (2010) - Denzel Washington, Chris Pine, Rosario
  22. People Like Us (2012) - Chris Pine, Elizabeth Banks, Olivia Wilde
  23. Horrible Bosses 2 (2014) - Don't judge me, I only watched it because it happened to be on TV, meaning it was a "clean" version, and it has Chris Pine in it
  24. The Light Between Oceans (2016) - Michael Fassbender & Alicia Vikander, Rachel Weisz
  25. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (2016) - Eva Green
  26. Mission Impossible 5: Rogue Nation (2016) - Tom Cruise, Simon Pegg, Jeremy Renner

Least Favorite: Mama Steps Out (1937)

Favorite (new to me) Film: When in Rome (1952) - also Unstoppable (2010) & Sea Wife (1957). If you follow my Facebook page I shared some screenshots of  Rome from When in Rome.

Paul Douglas (a con-man masquerading as a priest in Rome during the 1950 Holy Door)
and Van Johnson (as an actual priest) hiding in the Coliseum. This film was surprisingly
touching and very accurate in it's portrayal of the Catholic faith.

My 300th post!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 300th post.

    I adore The Wackiest Ship in the Army, especially when Jack and Ricky team up on Do You Know What It Mean to Miss New Orleans. Makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I should have hit it last month but I've been slacking off lately :/

      It's a cute film, not to mention Ricky Nelson is pretty cute himself ;) Love his singing!

      Delete