Sunday, October 9, 2016

My 2nd Anniversary and a Sunshine Blog Award


Wow. I can't believe it has already been two years since I started this blog and became part of a wonderful, unique group of people known as Classic Movie Bloggers!! I don't know how I lived without this outlet for all of my Classic Movie adventures and discoveries. In the past year alone I have:

 
  • Hosted a Costume Awards to vote and give Oscars to the costumes that came before the institution of the Best Costume Award category
  • Listed my Top Ten on nearly every topic imaginable (ok, not really, but a lot)
  • Wrote what I consider my best posts to date in the month of August (especially the first half of the month)


And started a Cinema Wedding Gowns series.


♥ ♥ ♥

I have also been nominated by Virginie of The Wonderful World of Cinema for a Sunshine Blog Award. Below are my answers to the questions she asked (since I just did a Liebster I will not be tagging anyone or asking 11 questions). Thanks Virginie!!



1. Except for the USA… which country do you think makes the most interesting and worthy movies?
- Well, the only other country I've watched movies from is England...

2. If your life had to be like a movie, which movie would you choose?
- Gidget?

3. Which movie star inspires you the most? It doesn’t necessarily have to be your favorite.
- Carole Lombard

4. What is your favourite catastrophe movie of the 70s (the golden decade of catastrophe movies)?
- I haven't seen any...

5. To you, who is the most iconic actress of all times and the most iconic actor of all times?
- Audrey Hepburn and John Wayne 

6. Is there a book you would like to see a movie adaptation of? Who would star in it?
- Maybe a Trixie Belden mystery book with Sandra Dee

7. You think Audrey Hepburn made her best movies with Billy Wilder, William Wyler or Stanley Donen? I chose the movie directors with whom she made more that just one film.
- William Wyler

8. If you had the chance to own all the costumes of one movie, which one would it be?
- White Christmas (1954) & The Man From U.N.C.L.E. (2015)

9. What do you think was the prettiest Oscar dress?
 - Audrey Hepburn

10. The ugliest?
- Haha most of the ones from the 70s-90s

11. If you could go back in time, what would you change from the movie history? But you can choose only ONE thing (it can be a movie ending you didn’t like, prevent the premature death of one of your favourite actors, choose another actress for Scarlett O’Hara, anything!) I know, hard choice.
- I would have Carole Lombard not die.
 
♥ ♥ ♥

While my blog will never look like what I intended it to in the beginning, I am enormously proud of the way it has turned out and how it continues to bring me joy. I am also thankful for the friends I have made along the way (you know who you are) and for all the discoveries I have made through their blogs and comments. Here's to many more years :)

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 2 years, Phyl! It's hard to believe I've been following you since 2014!

    I would've never thought of Sandra Dee playing Trixie, but she would have been perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being there from the beginning, Inky!!!

    I thought of her while watching Imitation of Life in the scene where she's riding a horse :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phyl, your blog is simply magnificent! I have learned and been inspired by so many things that you've shared here and have delighted in getting to know you through it (and your lovely comments on my site) over the past couple of years. I try to catch as many of your posts as I possibly can and have discovered many great movies through them. Thank you for the awesome inspiration and for sharing your unending passion for the art of the silver screen with all of us.

    Tons of happy blogiversary wishes coming your way!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Jessica!!! It is people like you that keep me blogging, knowing that someone is reading them and discovering new films through it. Thank you for always leaving such kind comments ♥♥♥

      Delete
  4. AHHHHHHHHHHH! Twins separated at birth. I have yearned since I was a small child to wear the costumes in White Christmas. And I own a white hat and white clunky round earrings like Gaby's from Man from UNCLE because wow, so awesome.

    Sandra Dee would have been a perfect Trixie Belden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha one day I WILL have the sisters dress and the finale dress (with detachable cape and cuffs so I can be both Betty and Judy). I found a lady who made a pretty exact replica of the two red dresses for some mannequins. I inquired on the cost and she said it would be around $2000. So I'll have to make it myself haha.

      I've searched for Gaby's earrings and sunglasses but so far haven't found anything close enough :( My favorite dress is the green and white one <3

      Delete
    2. These are the Gaby earrings I got, and it doesn't look like they have more right now, but since it's Etsy, you could always ask if they'd make more for you. I wore mine a ton this summer -- they're not terribly heavy.

      Delete
    3. Those look really good!!!!! I will definitely ask if they can make me a pair. Thanks so much for the link!!!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your two years of blogging! :D
    I love that you chose Gidget for question 2 ahah! :P
    For the foreign movies, I suggest you to take a look at some Spanish movies (I have a class of Spanish Cinema this session, and so far I've never been disapointed), French, German, Italian and of course some French-Canadian ones! ;)
    And for the catastrophe movies of the 70s, take a look at The Poseidon Adventure, The Towering Inferno and Airport :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha how can I go wrong with Cliff Robertson, James Darren's singing, the beach, and all those cute dresses of Sandra Dee's?!!

      I've only seen a couple foreign language films from the early 2000s but they weren't made by major studios. I would like to see Mon Oncle after taking the slapstick class and plan on getting it from my library soon.

      I've almost checked out Airport before but usually I already had around 5 movies in my hand and I knew I wouldn't get to it. I'll watch it someday though, I promise ;)

      Delete