Friday, June 10, 2016

Ten Movies on an Island: Film Noir



I've already listed my Top Five Noirs in my Lists Intro. But here they are again with five more to make ten.

Last Summer I participated in the online class TCM did in conjunction with their Summer of Darkness. You can see the posts I did for that here. I was hoping for another class this summer, but I haven't heard anything so I don't think they are having one.
1. High Sierra (1941) - Humphrey Bogart, Ida Lupino, Joan Leslie
2. The Maltese Falcon (1941) - Humphrey Bogart, Mary Astor, Sydney Greenstreet, Peter Lorre
3. Laura (1944) - Gene Tierney, Dana Andrews, Clifton Webb
4. Nobody Lives Forever (1944/46) - John Garfield, Geraldine Fitzgerald, Walter Brennan (I'll be writing about this one for the Film Noir Blogathon in August)
5. The Postman Always Rings Twice (1946) - John Garfield, Lana Turner
6. Lady in the Lake (1947) - Robert Montgomery & Audrey Totter
7. Key Largo (1948) - Humphrey Bogart & Lauren Bacall, Edward G. Robinson, Lionel Barrymore
8. The Lady from Shanghai (1948) - Orson Welles & Rita Hayworth
9. Strangers on a Train (1951) - Robert Walker
10. He Ran All the Way (1951) - John Garfield & Shelly Winters
Tomorrow my review of Star Style by Patty Fox and my Top Ten Mystery/Suspense Films on Sunday! Also look for my post on The Young Philadelphians (1959) for the ORDER IN THE COURT! Blogathon within the next day or so!

4 comments:

  1. Ack! There are 4 here I haven't seen yet!

    I saw the noir blogathon button in your sidebar and followed it and somehow now I've signed up to review two Alan Ladd noirs. The week after I get back from vacation. I'm clearly mad. But... noir!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been having this problem lately of signing up to do two entries for almost every blogathon I come across and then hating myself when the day arrives :/

      Delete
    2. Not usually a problem for me, though I did do that for the Silver Screenings' "Imaginary Film Blogathon" a couple years ago. But I was having the most horrible time deciding if I wanted to write about The Blue Dahlia (I like it okay, but I love Raymond Chandler, who wrote the screenplay, and it's pretty famous) or The Glass Key (I like the movie better overall, but it is very nonsensical in some ways). Finally, after like half an hour of dithering, I gave up and decided to do both. It's a 3-day event, so that makes it sliiiightly better, I think?

      Delete
    3. I just get really excited and then when it rolls around the excitement has been replaced for a future blogathon haha. And you have some time to write them!

      Delete