I've already listed my Top Five Noirs in my Lists Intro. But here they are again with five more to make ten.
Last Summer I participated in the online class TCM did in conjunction with their Summer of Darkness. You can see the posts I did for that here. I was hoping for another class this summer, but I haven't heard anything so I don't think they are having one.
1. High Sierra (1941) - Humphrey Bogart, Ida Lupino, Joan Leslie
2. The Maltese Falcon (1941) - Humphrey Bogart, Mary Astor, Sydney Greenstreet, Peter Lorre
3. Laura (1944) - Gene Tierney, Dana Andrews, Clifton Webb
4. Nobody Lives Forever (1944/46) - John Garfield, Geraldine Fitzgerald, Walter Brennan (I'll be writing about this one for the Film Noir Blogathon in August)
5. The Postman Always Rings Twice (1946) - John Garfield, Lana Turner
6. Lady in the Lake (1947) - Robert Montgomery & Audrey Totter
7. Key Largo (1948) - Humphrey Bogart & Lauren Bacall, Edward G. Robinson, Lionel Barrymore
8. The Lady from Shanghai (1948) - Orson Welles & Rita Hayworth
9. Strangers on a Train (1951) - Robert Walker
10. He Ran All the Way (1951) - John Garfield & Shelly Winters
Tomorrow my review of Star Style by Patty Fox and my Top Ten Mystery/Suspense Films on Sunday! Also look for my post on The Young Philadelphians (1959) for the ORDER IN THE COURT! Blogathon within the next day or so!