Monday, June 25, 2018

ANNOUNCING The Fred MacMurray Blogathon!!!


Fred MacMurray had one of the most diverse film careers in Hollywood. Screwball in the 30s, Noir and War films in the 40s, Westerns in the 50s, Disney and Television in the 60s, the man did it all. He also had an impressive list of leading ladies: Carole Lombard, Barbara Stanwyck, Katharine Hepburn, Claudette Colbert, Jean Arthur, and Madeleine Carroll to name a few. For quite some time I've been wanting to host a blogathon celebrating his incredible career and this year I've finally decided to do it.

The Blogathon will start on August 30th, our honoree's birthday, and conclude on September 1. Topics may cover any aspect of his career. Since MacMurray has such a huge amount of credits to his name I'm asking for no duplicates. You can view his filmography here.

Once you've decided on a topic, please drop a comment below with your choice, blog title, and blog link. Share one of these banners on your site and you're done!

I can't wait to see what everyone chooses and I look forward to celebrating this truly versatile yet underappreciated actor with you all!

 

ROSTER:

Phyllis Loves Classic Movies: Life Story & A Millionaire for Christie (1951)
In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood: Fred MacMurray and Carole Lombard
Caftan Woman: There’s Always Tomorrow (1955)
Widescreen World: Too Many Husbands (1940)
Love Letters to Old Hollywood: Murder, He Says (1945)
Realweegiemidget Reviews: The Apartment (1960)
Hamlette’s Soliloquy: Good Day for a Hanging (1959)
Back to Golden Days: The Collaborations of Fred MacMurray and Claudette Colbert
Critica Retro: The Collaborations of Fred MacMurray and Billy Wilder
The Midnite Drive-In: The Caine Mutiny (1954)
The Flapper Dame: The Princess Comes Across (1936)
Silver Screenings: Swing High, Swing Low (1937)
The Story Enthusiast: The Happiest Millionaire (1967)
Taking Up Room: Double Indemnity (1944)
The Stop Button: Pushover (1954)
Top 10 Film Lists: Remember the Night (1940)
Alex Windley: The Forest Rangers (1942)
It Came From The Man Cave: The Oregon Trail (1959)
Mary's Monday Matinee: Fred MacMurray's Disney Films
Nobody's Perfect: The Egg and I (1947)
Old Hollywood Films: Hands Across the Table (1935)
Pop Culture Reverie: The Shaggy Dog (1959)
MovieRob: The Absent Minded Professor (1961) & Kisses for my President (1964)


***If you want your blog linked please make sure to include it in your comment. A lot of your names bring me to a Google+ profile and your blog isn't always linked, which means I have to Google your name/blog for a link.***

35 comments:

  1. Hey Laura. I would like to write about Fred MacMurray and Carole Lombard, thanks. My blog is: In The Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could I please have There's Always Tomorrow? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too Many Husbands.

    http://widescreenworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blogathon idea! I would love to cover Murder, He Says (1945).

    Also, I've just announced two new blogathons and it'd be lovely to have you!
    http://loveletterstooldhollywood.blogspot.com/2018/06/announcing-100-years-of-rita-hayworth.html

    http://loveletterstooldhollywood.blogspot.com/2018/06/announcing-second-van-johnson-blogathon.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, can I review him in The Apartment (1960)? from Gill at Realweegiemidget Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the perfect excuse to finally see Good Day for a Hanging (1959). Put me down for that one for my movie blog, Hamlette's Soliloquy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Phyl!
    I'd like to write about Fred's collaborations with Claudette Colbert, if that's okay.

    My blog: Back to Golden Days (http://back-to-golden-days.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! It's finally time for me to write about Fred MacMurray's and Billy Wilder's collaborations. I can't wait!
    Kisses!
    Le

    ReplyDelete
  9. Has anybody claimed the Caine Mutiny yet?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd LOVE to do "Callaway Went Thataway" (1951). I've wanted to see it for a long time, and this will be the perfect opportunity.

    So glad you're honouring Fred with a blogathon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. While I would love to write about Hands Across the Table, I don't have a copy. Can I claim The Happiest Millionaire instead?
    www.storyenthusiast.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, cool, Fred MacMurray! I'd like to review "Double Indemnity," please. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. cool! Can I do "Pushover" for the Stop Button?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to write about Remember the Night. I blog at Top10filmlists.com

    Thanks

    kevin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey! Would be okay if I nab The Forest Rangers from 1942?


    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Fred MacMurray and I have been on this odd "The Oregon Trail" Kick latly so I would Love to talk about it - It Came From The Man Cave! (www.mda4life.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to take Fred's Disney films.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Caine Mutiny please.

    https://satinyourlap.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael, sorry to be getting back to you so late but someone has already chosen that film and I wasn’t accepting duplicates. However, if you’ve already written most of the post I will still accept it. Sorry!

      Delete
    2. I'm very sorry I didn't notice that. I'm far into writing the review and will post it regardless.

      I'll understand whether or not you want to include it in the blogathon.

      Delete
    3. Can’t wait to read it! It’s my fault for not checking my comments better.

      Delete
  19. Can I write about "The Egg & I" ?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would like to write about Hands Across the Table for Old Hollywood Films. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Phyllis, may I change my choice to "Swing High, Swing Low" (1937)? Turns out I'm not able to get my hands on "Callaway Went Thataway", sadly. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I hope you get a chance to see it one day though!

      Delete
  22. I'd like to do The Shaggy Dog.

    https://popculturereverie.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Phyl,

    Is it too late to join in?

    I'd love to do The Shaggy Dog, The Absent Minded Professor and possibly Kiss for my President.

    Tnx

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rob, The Shaggy Dog has already been taken so I’ve just put you down for the other two :) Thanks for joining!

      Delete
  24. http://midnitedrive-in.blogspot.com/2018/08/what-lies-beneath-man.html

    My piece on The Caine Mutiny.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Phyllis, I just uploaded my entry: https://silverscreenings.org/2018/08/30/fred-macmurrays-study-in-ego/

    Thanks for hosting and organizing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Phyllis, I just uploaded my entry on Remember the Night to Top10filmlists.com Here is the direct link: https://bit.ly/2MIcXjr Thanks for hosting!!! Looking forward to reading all the posts!!

    kevin

    ReplyDelete
  27. Heyy, Phyllis I apologize that I couldn't participate in the blogathon. I've just started my fall session at University and I'm up to my neck in class work.


    Perhaps next time!

    I'm sorry.

    Cheers!

    Alex

    ReplyDelete