Friday, September 15, 2017

ANNOUNCING The Eve Arden Blogathon!


Eve Arden is the best friend everyone wants. With her quick wit and sarcastic wise-cracking humor, she always has something to say. I've recently watched several films of Arden's, whether she's a supporting player or one of the main characters, and decided to hold a little blogathon in her honor.

The two-day event will take place on Nov. 11 and 12 (the anniversary of her death). If you want to participate, leave a comment below with your choice and a link to your blog and grab a banner to display. Eve Arden has a lengthy filmography covering both movies and television and even radio so I'm allowing only two posts on the same topic. Feel free to write about something other than her onscreen work if you wish, as those sorts of posts are always fun.

As you can see below, I've chosen to write about Arden's Miss Brooks character, focusing mainly on the film. If you want to write a more in depth post about the radio or television series or a specific episode that is perfectly fine.


ROSTER:

Phyllis Loves Classic Movies: Arden's "Miss Brook's" character from radio to television to the film

The Story Enthusiast: The Voice of the Turtle (1947)

Caftan Woman: The Doughgirls (1944)

Hamlette's Soliloquy: No, No Nanette (1940)

In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood: Mildred Pierce (1945)

Realweedgiemidget Reviews: Grease (1978)

Love Letters to Old Hollywood: Cover Girl (1944)

The Midnite Drive-In: Grease (1978) & Grease 2 (1982)

Critica Retro: Ziegfeld Girl (1941)

The Wonderful World of Cinema: My Reputation (1946)

Hometowns to Hollywood: Arden's career and hometown

Once Upon a Screen: Three Husbands (1951)

33 comments:

  1. Yay, for a blogathon featuring Eve Arden! I would like to claim Eve's film Voice of the Turtle for my blog http://www.storyenthusiast.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE her in that movie!!!!! It's what made me seek out more of her films!! Thanks so much for joining!!

      Delete
    2. My entry is live.
      http://wp.me/p8cFHd-wd

      Delete
    3. Really looking forward to this one :) I've added it to the post going live this evening!

      Delete
  2. Hi. Sign me up for The Doughgirls, please. This should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So... I've wanted to see No, No Nanette for simply years, and I just found it on Amazon Prime Video, so can I sign up for that? With the understanding that I might watch it and hate it or be indifferent to it? I don't usually sign up for a movie I've never seen before, which makes me nervous, but the only thing I *know* I've seen Eve Arden in is Anatomy of a Murder, which I do enjoy, but don't own yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Put me down for Mildred Pierce thanks Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, can you add me for Grease (1978) please? From Gill at Realweegiemidget Reviews x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous idea! I'll take Cover Girl (1944), please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just watched that for the first time last month!

      Delete
  7. Since you say you will allow 2 posts on the same topic I'd like to snag the second Grease option, but want to pair it with Grease 2.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Laura! I'd love to write about Ziegfeld Girl, from 1941.
    Kisses!
    Le

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to watch that one again. I don't remember Arden in it at all!

      Delete
  9. I'd like to write about Eve Arden in "Tea for Two."

    By the way, I would like to invite you to join my blogathon, "The Great Breening Blogathon:" https://pureentertainmentpreservationsociety.wordpress.com/2017/09/07/extra-the-great-breening-blogathon/. It is celebrating the life and work of Joseph Breen, the enforcer of the Motion Picture Production Code between 1934 and 1954. As we honor his birthday, which is on October 14, we will be discussing and analyzing the Code era, breening films from other eras, and writing about our own ideas for classic movies. One doesn't have to agree with the Code and Mr. Breen to enjoy that! I hope you will do me the honor of joining. We could really use your talent! If I have invited you before, please forgive me for my redundancy.

    Yours Hopefully,

    Tiffany Brannan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally added you to the roster! Thanks for joining!

      Delete
    2. Dear Phyl,

      I am very sorry to have to tell you this now, but I will be unable to participate in your blogathon, since I am going to be too busy in November. I apologize, but I wish you the best of luck with your blogathon!

      Yours Hopefully,

      Tiffany Brannan

      Delete
    3. I completely understand. November's not the greatest month for a Blogathon but I couldn't wait till next year :)

      Delete
  10. Great blogathon idea! I would like to write about My Reputation. I haven't seen this film in ages so it would be a good occasion for me to re-visit it! :)
    I'm at The Wonderful World of Cinema! https://thewonderfulworldofcinema.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally added you to the roster! Thanks for joining!

      Delete
    2. I'll also be hosting the Grace Kelly blogathon on these dates so my post might be a little late. Hope it's not a problem!

      Delete
    3. Perfectly fine! I forgot to check for annual blogathons when I chose the dates. The 12th is Arden's death date and her birthday's in April and I didn't want to wait that long ;)

      Delete
  11. Hello! My name is Annette Bochenek and I run "Hometowns to Hollywood." I'd love to write about Eve's career and hometown. https://home2hollywood.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annette, that sounds like a fantastic post! Thanks for joining!

      Delete
  12. Hi. If it's not to late to join I'd like to do something on Eve in THREE HUSBANDS (1951).

    Aurora
    @CitizenScreen
    Once Upon a Screen (aurorasginjoint.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not too late!! Thanks for joining!!

      Delete
  13. I just noticed I'm a day early, but here is my entry.

    http://midnitedrive-in.blogspot.com/2017/11/grease-y-relationships.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've added it to the post going live tonight!

      Delete
  14. Hi, here's my post for tomorrow, looking forward to reading the entries too! https://weegiemidget.wordpress.com/2017/11/10/grease-1978/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've added it to the post going live tonight! Me too ;)

      Delete
  15. Here's my Hometowns to Hollywood article on Eve Arden: https://home2hollywood.wordpress.com/california/eve-arden/

    ReplyDelete