Friday, July 10, 2015

So Funny It Hurt: Buster Keaton and MGM

 
I watched this fascinating documentary of silent star, Buster Keaton, on TCM a few days ago and found it on YouTube to share with you. It has a lot of cool facts in it. For example, did you know that when Keaton started making talkies he had to make each movie not once, but three to four times? That's because he had to make it in English, Spanish, French, and German!! And most of the time, it was a movie he didn't even like!!
 
Intro by Robert Osborne

So Funny It Hurt
 
Seven Chances (1925) is the only silent film I've seen so far (besides Mel Brook's Silent Movie, which is also very good). I highly recommend it. I have been wanting to watch more Keaton films. Several are on YouTube.

2 comments:

  1. Nice review! I just saw this doc for the first time a couple of weeks ago myself. If you're looking for prime Keaton, I highly recommend SHERLOCK JR. (also available on YouTube), among other gems!

    I've nominated you for a Liebster -- I hope you will have a chance to respond! http://bit.ly/1J9YS09

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherlock Jr. is on my Netflix list :)

      Thanks for the nomination!!! I'll try and respond by the end of next week!!

      Delete