Saturday, March 2, 2024

Movies I Watched in February

Young and Innocent (1937)

This month wasn't as good as last month... I read We'll Always Have Casablanca by Noah Isenberg. If you are watching Masters of the Air, I highly recommend Harry Crosby's memoir, A Wing and a Prayer. It is on both the Internet Archive and Hoopla (free with your library card) - both e-book and audio book. The Making of Masters of the Air Podcast is really good too. 

* indicates a rewatch

  1. Young and Innocent (1937) - Nova Pilbeam & Derrick De Marney
  2. *Suspicion (1941) - Joan Fontaine & Cary Grant
  3. The Story of G.I. Joe (1945) - Burgess Meredith, Robert Mitchum
  4. *Notorious (1946) - Cary Grant & Ingrid Bergman, Claude Rains, Louis Calhern
  5. Champagne for Caesar (1950) - Ronald Colman, Celeste Holm, Vincent Price, Barbara Britton, Art Linkletter
  6. The Lusty Men (1952) - Robert Mitchum, Susan Hayward, Arthur Kennedy
  7. Track of the Cat (1954) - Robert Mitchum, Tab Hunter, Beulah Bondi, Teresa Wright
  8. Guns of Darkness (1962) - David Niven & Leslie Caron
  9. The Victors (1963) - George Hamilton, George Peppard, Eli Wallach, James Mitchum, Michael Callan, Romy Schneider, Mervyn Johns (father of Glynis!)
  10. Ransom for a Dead Man (1971) - Peter Falk, Lee Grant
  11. Gosford Park (2001) - Maggie Smith, Helen Mirren
  12. The Lightkeepers (2009) - Richard Dreyfuss, John Brown, Blythe Danner, Mamie Gummer, Bruce Dern
  13. *Mirror Mirror (2012) - Julia Roberts, Lily Collins, Armie Hammer
  14. *Snow White and the Huntsman (2012) - Kristin Stewart, Charlize Theron, Chris Hemsworth
  15. The Lucky One (2012) - Zac Efron, Taylor Schilling
  16. Austenland (2013) - Keri Russell, JJ Feild, Jennifer Coolidge, Jane Seymour
Lost in Austen (2008 - miniseries) - Jemima Rooper, Hugh Bonneville
Masters of the Air (2024 - miniseries) - Austin Butler, Callam Turner, Anthony Boyle, Nate Mann, Barry Keoghan

Least Favorite Film: The Victors was good until about two-thirds of the way through when they killed the dog. It was crummy after that but I had already invested two hours in it so I finished it. I didn't care for Track of the Cat. I don't like movies about dysfunctional families where everybody is angry or hateful or rotten.

Favorite Movie: Not really any clear winners this month. The Lightkeepers was sweet. 

Mitchum with some luscious hair in The Story of G.I. Joe (1945) - not a word I ever thought I'd use lol.

1 comment:

  1. I read We'll Always Have Casablanca last month too! I thought it was excellent.

    I nominated you for a Sunshine Award. Play if you want to!

    ReplyDelete