Friday, April 7, 2023

Movies I Watched in March

Lloyd Bridges as Mike Nelson in Sea Hunt

This month I got into Lloyd Bridges. I started watching Sea Hunt on YouTube which led me to The Loner, both of which I then had to buy on dvd. I rewatched a couple Clark Gable movies I've been wanting to revisit for a while and finished the Sean Connery Bond movies. 

* indicates a rewatch
  1. *It Happened One Night (1934) - Claudette Colbert & Clark Gable
  2. *Gone With the Wind (1939) - Clark Gable & Vivian Leigh, Leslie Howard, Olivia de Havilland, Hattie McDaniel, Butterfly McQueen, Thomas Mitchell, Evelyn Keyes, Ann Rutherford, etc.
  3. The Tall Texan (1953) - Lloyd Bridges, Lee J. Cobb, Marie Windsor
  4. You Only Live Twice (1967) - Sean Connery
  5. Diamonds Are Forever (1971) - Sean Connery
  6. Chapter Two (1979) - James Caan, Marsha Mason, Joseph Bologna, Valerie Harper
  7. Witness (1985) - Harrison Ford 
  8. Appointment with Death (1988) - Peter Ustinov, Lauren Bacall, Piper Laurie, Hayley Mills, Carrie Fisher
  9. Sleeping with the Enemy (1991) - Julia Roberts (basically the same story as Safe Haven)
Least Favorite Film: Appointment with Death was ok. I did not guess the correct killer. Diamonds Are Forever is definitely my least favorite of the Connery Bond films. 

Favorite Movie: I really liked Witness (aside from the unexpected nudity - I didn't think I needed to check the parental guide for a movie about the Amish). I also liked You Only Live Twice. Marie Windsor's character was named Laura in The Tall Texan so I got to hear Lloyd Bridge and Lee J. Cobb say my name multiple times :)

Marie Windsor and Lloyd Bridges in The Tall Texan (1953)

2 comments: