Saturday, August 13, 2022

The Mad About Ladd Tag!

Waaaaayyyy back in June, Hamlette's Soliloquy tagged me to take part in the Mad About Ladd Tag. Here are the rules:

Of course I have to start with a picture of Ladd in character
 as Shane, as that is the movie that made me a fan.

I know smoking is bad for you, but those Old Hollywood 
stars sure looked cool and classy when they lit up.

Ladd made several noir films, and this shot is super cool. You can't get this effect with color folks!

On the other end of the spectrum, here's a sweet photo of Ladd with his daughter Alana.

I'm going to one up the gif to a video of Ladd saying my name. This is from the movie Guns of the Timberland (1960) and he pronounces my name, Laura, EXACTLY the way I like it pronounced. People from the north and west tend to pronounce it "lore-ah," which I don't like. 


And lastly... I always struggle with the tag part so since I'm already two months late I'm going to skip it ;)

BONUS: some Alan Ladd recipes I came across while picking out my four photos.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwww! I love these :-) And that's so cool that he says your name exactly the way you like it <3

    Yeah, that Raven shot with the bird silhouette is one of the coolest stills ever. Absolutely marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm (incredibly slowly) working on a Box 13 fan cookbook, and since I've run out of recipes attributed to Ladd, I'm now soliciting recipes from his fans! If you have a simple recipe that you might whip up for enjoying while watching or listening to Alan Ladd, and you'd like to share, please get in touch! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete