This month I watched the Young Sherlock series again :) I really hope Amazon releases it on an official dvd, because this is definitely a series I want to own and revisit. I would also love to see some special features. I then proceeded to have a big Guy Ritchie rewatch. I also discovered Tutankhamun (2016), a 4-part mini-series starring Max Irons ('Mycroft' in Young Sherlock) and the recently deceased Sam Neill. I watched it on YT. Another Prime show I ended up watching (6 ep., not renewed) was Hotel Costiera (2025). It was written by the showrunner of Young Sherlock. The main actor, Jesse Williams, was a guest star on a season of Only Murders in the Building. It was filmed on the Amalfi coast so was of course gorgeous.
* indicates a rewatch
- *The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938) - Errol Flynn & Olivia De Havilland
- Blood on the Moon (1948) - Robert Mitchum, Robert Preston, Barbara Bel Geddes, Walter Brennan, Phyllis Thaxter
- Stolen Face (1952) - Paul Henreid & Lisabeth Scott
- Bend of the River (1952) - James Stewart, Arthur Kennedy, Julia Adams, Rock Hudson
- The Far Country (1954) - James Stewart, Ruth Roman, Walter Brennan, John McIntire
- The Hunters (1958) - Robert Mitchum, Robert Wagner
- *Lilies of the Field (1963) - Sidney Poitier
- The Great Waldo Pepper (1975) - Robert Redford, Susan Sarandan
- Starting Over (1979) - Burt Reynolds
- *The Bourne Identity (2002) - Matt Damon, Franka Potente
- *Sherlock Holmes (2009) - Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law, Rachel McAdams, Mark Strong
- *Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011) - Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law, Noomi Rapace, Jared Harris, Rachel McAdams
- *The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (2015) - Henry Cavill, Armie Hammer, Alicia Vikander, Elizabeth Debicki, Jared Harris, Hugh Grant
- *The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare (2024) - Henry Cavill, Eiza Gonzalez, Alan, Alex Pettifer, Henry Golding, Hero Fiennes Tiffin, Cary Elwes


Aww, I love that you rewatched Robin Hood! I was trying to watch any Olivia flick all month in honor of her but I never got around to it or was thwarted, lol.
ReplyDeleteI remember really liking Jimmy Stewart in Bend of the River (cuz when do I not like him? XD) but I don’t actually recall the story that much.
Yay!! You finally were able to see The Great Waldo Pepper! What did you think??
Big Guy Ritchie rewatches are THE BEST. As you know, I also love love love both Sherlock Holmes (YES THOSE SCRIPTS ARE GOLD) and Man from U.N.C.L.E.. Cannot get enough of them (even going so far to watch the first SH twice in one day once…) and so wish there were more sequels to both so I could have so much more fun with them. I’m semi-interested in The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare, but I also haven’t really heard good reviews? So what do you think of it?
And Young Sherlock seems super fun (when do I not like any version of Sherlock? XD) so the next time I have Prime I’ll have to give it a try!
I really enjoyed Waldo Pepper! I have to say, I was pretty shocked about Sarandan's character. I was literally like, "wait, did that really just happen??" But yeah, I loved Redford's character and how he teamed up with the other flyer.
DeleteI love when a movie's so good you have to immediately watch it again <3 When I saw Ministry in theaters I knew it wouldn't be as good as UNCLE but was still disappointed when it wasn't. I hoped I might like it better on a rewatch but I felt about the same. I enjoyed seeing how much fun Henry Cavill obviously had making it, but there was just a little too much... gleeful violence for me. Also, I was not even remotely invested in the actress's character and about half of the movie focuses on her. She's no Alicia Vikander.. However, my best friend, who loved UNCLE, really enjoyed it. My brothers agreed more with me (we literally all bought our own copies of UNCLE on bluray as soon as it came out, despite all living in the same house at the time lol).
If I could only choose one Guy Ritchie Sherlock it would be the movies, but I still highly recommend the show. I'm probably going to watch it again this week. I had a little trouble with the first episode because I was missing Hans Zimmer's iconic Sherlock score but I got used to it lol. I really really hope that if they show Watson in a future season they get Jude Law's son Raff to play him. That would be such a fun nod!